Yoga is highly beneficial for anyone looking to improve their physique and mental health. However, it has its own benefits and dangers. Here are a few of them.
· Overall health: Did you know that yoga is good for not only your lungs and mind, but also for all other internal organs? Yoga can improve your digestion and improve cardiac health. A healthy diet combined with a regular yoga routine can do wonders for your urinary health as well!
· Socializing: Yoga is best performed in a studio or class under the supervision of an expert. This way, you can make like-minded friends. This will boost your mental health and help combat loneliness.
· Better joints and bones: Yoga can help those suffering from arthritis as it employs every joint in your body without overexerting them. Hot yoga classes specifically can help loosen stiffness and improve mobility.
· Back problems: Not executing a posture properly can harm your muscles, leading to grave injuries. Similarly, overdoing it and pushing yourself beyond your body’s limits can lead to serious back problems. If you have a history of back pain, proceed with caution.
· Chronic injuries: Having a strong core is essential to practice yoga properly. Weak core muscles can lead to serious injuries which in turn can lead to spinal problems.
Like any other physical activity, yoga can be strenuous. Always remember to warm-up and cool down. The benefits outweigh the risks but that does not mean one should not pay attention to the latter.